Allman Professional Consulting Inc. Web: www.allmanpc.com
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM, SSM E-Mail: email@example.com
689 Main St., #254 Phone: 617-947-4263
Walpole, MA 02081
Innovative senior technical project/program manager, scrum master and entrepreneur.
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Master (CSM) and SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM).
· 15+ years of PM experience across a wide range of industries.
· Broad technical software development, design, and architecture experience.
· Will often take on additional roles such as BA, tech lead, test lead, etc., as needed.
· Hands-on, deep management of project deliverables.
· Expert in delivering projects with challenging constraints (resources, timeline, technology, etc.).
Finance/Accounting: Fidelity Investments, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, First Marblehead.
Biotech: New England Biolabs, Sanofi (Genzyme).
Health Care/Insurance: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, MultiPlan, GBA Health Network Systems.
Higher Education: Harvard Business School, University of Houston Clear Lake.
Aerospace: Raytheon, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Rockwell Space Operations.
Energy: Enron, Action Energy, DataComm Systems, Borden Chemical.
Retail and Marketing: Wolverine (Collective Brands), M|C Communications, Borden.
Information Technology (infrastructure, security, etc.): Harvard Business School, Sanofi (Genzyme), Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, MultiPlan, Fidelity Investments, GBA Health Network Systems, American Power Conversion, Allaire Corp., Enron.
Consulting Senior Project/Program Manager and Scrum Master, 2015-08 to 2020-03
Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
· Responsible for driving multiple concurrent projects, managing stakeholder communications, Scrum adoption and usage (planning, reviews, sizing, etc.), assisting portfolio planning, managing scope, schedules, status reporting, etc.
· Participate in or lead gathering business requirements, business process analysis and re-design, technical analysis, technical design, and testing.
· Mentor and assist other project managers.
· Projects and programs:
o Remediate hardware, software and process security vulnerabilities and issues identified by security vendor assessments and scans. This includes over 130 Production changes in a single year.
o Upgrade the incident alerts notification system.
o Lead multiple workstreams for the 2016 MBA Fall Startup of classes.
o Upgrade Oracle from 11g to 12c.
o Office365 implementation and transition for Alumni (83,000+ users across 730+ domains) and Executive Education.
o Implement Executive Education Learning Management System Identity Federation.
o Implement a cloud printing service for Executive Education, including printing from mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc.).
o Upgrade the Changepoint portfolio management system from v2010 to v2017.
o Remediate 300+ Windows and SQL Server 2008 systems prior to end-of-life.
o Many other smaller projects, e.g., SharePoint UAG to ADFS Remediation.
Environment: Windows 10, Linux, Solaris, Office 365, AWS and Azure cloud services, web services, Oracle, LDAP, Jira, Scrum, MS SQL Server, SharePoint, JEE, WebLogic, ServiceNow, Shibboleth, Changepoint.
Consulting Senior/Enterprise Project Manager and Scrum Master, 2013-02 to 2015-06
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Boston, MA.
· Responsible for all aspects of project planning and execution in a mixed-methodology (waterfall/scrum) environment.
· Lead and manage the complete project lifecycle – initiation to production deployment.
· Manage project scope, schedule, budget, change, risk, resources, and communications.
· Collaboratively manage on-site and offshore client and vendor resources.
· Step in on short notice to initiate and plan new projects until PM assigned.
· Mentor and assist other project managers.
o Organize and deliver Phase 1 post-production defect resolution and Phase 2 of the Find a Doctor/Member Liability Estimator.
o Take over, organize and deliver, both as the PM and technically when needed, multiple projects in the ICD-10 Upgrade Program.
o Migrate a legacy document, workflow and issues management system to Documentum.
o Several other smaller projects.
Environment: Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, MS Office, Scrum, Waterfall, EVMS, MS Project, AtTask, SharePoint, Documentum, WorkSite (document repository), EDI, ETL, Java, Python, MS SQL Server, Cobol, IBM 370 Assembler, web services, PHP, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr.
Consulting Senior Project Manager, 2012-08 to 2012-12
Collective Brands Performance and Lifestyle Group, Lexington, MA.
· Organize and complete a retail Loyalty Program national deployment and enhancements project.
· Manage all aspects of the project, e.g., budget, scope, schedule, vendors.
· Lead technical analysis, design, and testing sessions.
Environment: Windows, MS Office, Iterative Waterfall, Scrum, MS Project, SharePoint, Harte-Hanks CRM, retail POS systems, ATG, web services.
Consulting Senior Project/Program Manager, 2010-11 to 2012-04
MultiPlan, Waltham, MA.
· Responsible for driving multiple concurrent projects, managing the complete project lifecycle – initiation to production deployment.
· Successfully deliver the projects in a challenging staff resource environment.
· Step in on short notice to pick up and successfully deliver several projects.
· Manage project scope, schedule, change, risk, resources, and communications.
· Lead technical design and testing approach sessions on many projects.
o Build a new customer service portal.
o Simplify and expand the web portal authentication and authorization services.
o Integrate or migrate several claim processing systems.
o Upgrade/update of several websites.
Environment: Windows, MS Office, Iterative Waterfall, Scrum, MS Project, MS Project Server, MS SQL Server, web services, Java, Bluenog, OpenIAM, Jira, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, WebEx.
Consulting Senior Project Manager and Scrum Master, 2010-06 to 2010-10
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA.
· Take over and successfully organize, plan, and restart a website re-implementation project.
· Manage project scope, schedule, resources, communications, and budget.
Environment: Windows, MS Office, Scrum, MS Project, Sitecore CMS, MS .Net Development Tools, MS SQL Server, SharePoint, WebEx.
Consulting Program Manager, 2009-11 to 2010-04
M|C Communications, Boston, MA.
· Organize and manage a new Marketing Campaign Platform program.
· Introduce and employ PMI standard project plan artifacts and processes.
· Establish and manage project scope, schedule, resources, team and management communications, and budget.
· Lead business requirements and technical architecture/design sessions.
Environment: Windows, MS Office, Scrum, MS Project, SalesLogix, web services, MS .Net Development Tools, MS SQL Server, SharePoint.
Consulting Senior Project Manager and Scrum Master, 2008-09 to 2009-07
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Quincy, MA.
· Lead and manage concurrent enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and business applications projects.
· Manage project scope, schedule, resources, team and management communications, and budget.
· Participate in, and lead when necessary, technical design and testing strategy sessions.
· Research and develop project proposals, including budget and resource forecasts.
· Develop the program schedule and resource budget for a major infrastructure migration.
Environment: Novell, Linux, Windows, MS Office, Scrum, MS Project, Mercury ITG, Project Reporter, VMware, Lotus Notes, WebEx, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Teradata.
Consulting Senior Project Manager, 2007-05 to 2008-09
Genzyme, Framingham, MA.
· Deliver concurrent multi-million-dollar infrastructure, product deployment and business application projects.
· Manage all aspects of project scope, schedule, resources, communications, and budget.
· Lead business requirements and technical design sessions.
· Manage the vendor selection process and engagements, including authoring RFPs and SOWs.
· Manage up to seven concurrent projects.
o New datacenter buildout.
o Enterprise-wide development server virtualization (VMware ESX on HP blades).
o Mobile CRM (SalesLogix, Blackberry) requirements and analysis.
o Veritas NetBackup 6.x upgrade.
o Data warehouse/datamart migration and enhancement.
o Project Management Office (PMO) process development.
o Virus/patch response process development.
o Several other smaller projects.
Environment: Linux, Windows, MS Office, MS Project, EVMS, Borland Tempo, VMware, Livelink, Cognos, WebEx, SalesLogix, MS SQL Server, Salesforce.com, Veritas NetBackup, and webMethods.
Consulting Project Manager, 2007-01 to 2007-04
Fidelity Investments, Marlboro, MA.
· Plan and direct the Fidelity eBusiness Security Next Generation Architecture Blueprint project.
· Lead business and technical requirements and design sessions.
· Document the requirements and complex security ecosystem architecture framework.
Environment: Windows, MS Office, Visio, MS Project.
Consulting Enterprise Architect and J2EE Senior Software Designer, 2006-04 to 2006-12
First Marblehead, Boston, MA.
Director of Technology, Project Manager, and Senior Architect, 2002-10 to 2005-10
GBA Health Network Systems, Warwick, RI.
Consulting Lead Software Designer/Developer, 2001-07 to 2002-05
American Power Conversion, West Kingston, RI.
Consulting Senior Architect, 2001-04 to 2001-07
Fidelity Investments, Smithfield, RI.
Consulting Senior Software Designer/Developer, 2000-07 to 2001-02
Allaire Corp., Newton, MA.
Consulting Lead Software Engineer, 1999-08 to 2000-07
Enron Broadband, Houston, TX.
Adjunct Faculty, 1997-11 to 2000-05
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX.
Consulting Lead Engineer, 1998-03 to 1999-09
Raytheon, Houston, TX.
Consulting Senior Engineer, 1998-03 to 2000-09
The Boeing Company, Houston, TX.
Senior Software Engineer/Physicist, 1995-08 to 1998-03
The Boeing Company/McDonnell Douglas Aerospace, Houston, TX.
Space Shuttle Senior Software Engineer, 1989-03 to 1995-08
Rockwell Space Operations Company, Houston, TX.
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) 5 Scrum Master (SSM), Scaled Agile, Inc., 2020.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), BigVisible training/certification class, Boston, MA, 2009.
Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2010.
First Vice-President, Ocean State PMI Chapter, Providence, MA, 2010-2011.
Vice-President of Information Technology, Ocean State PMI Chapter, Providence, MA, 2008-2009.
Project Management Institute PM Certificate, Bryant College, Smithfield, RI, 2004.
Certificate in Effective Speaking and Human Relations, Dale Carnegie, Pittsburgh, PA, 1981.
MS/PhD, Physics (Candidate), University of Houston, Houston, TX, 1991-1996.
MS, Physics, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX, 1991. GPA 3.975/4.00.
BS, Business Computer Science, Robert Morris College, Coraopolis, PA, 1980. GPA 3.33/4.00.
Running Projects Like Startups, Project Management Institute Chapter Meetings, 2011 and 2012.
How Project Management Adds Value, Presentation to several New England corporations, 2009.
Project Management Challenges in the Space Shuttle Flight Design Program, Project Management Institute Chapter Meetings, 2008.
Modern Astrodynamics, Textbook co-authored with Victor R. Bond, Princeton University Press, 1996.
Parallel Distributed Processing on the Flight Analysis and Design System, AIAA Houston Section Technical Symposium, 1995.
Sequential Simplex Optimization, NASA/Rockwell Engineering Review Board, 1995.
Multi-Stage Monte Carlo Optimization, NASA/Rockwell Engineering Review Board, 1995.
Introduction to the C Programming Language, Textbook written for training at Rockwell, 1994.
Determination of the Performance Optimum Orbital Inclination for Space Shuttle Program Space Station Freedom Support Missions, AIAA Houston Section Technical Symposium, 1992.
NASA Group Achievement Award (SOAR Flight Experiment), 2001.
Who’s Who in America, 1997-current.
Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 1994-current.
NASA New Technology Award, 1996.
Rockwell Space Operations Co. Technology Utilization Award, 1996.
Who’s Who in Industry and Finance, 1995.
Rockwell Sustained Superior Performance Award, 1990.